Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Seeing RED


August 25
finds me trying out various design options. Typically, I veer from loose and cartoony to
"tight and bright". Today tight and bright is winning. I have chosen FIRE for my first selection. In the cosmology of feng shui, the element of fire is associated with the color red and with summer. It's "heavenly creature" is the "Vermillion Bird". This "bird" symbolizes the placement of constellations in the summer sky. The Chinese like to write about nature and the seasons. I am including a few stanzas from a poem about summer
written no later than the 6th century B.C. by an anonymous poet. This is fun and very challenging trying to integrate it all. Not sure I'm succeeding! The image above, of the Vermillion Bird, will probably not be in the design, at least in this form.

No comments:

Post a Comment